Friday, May 13, 2011

Seven Weeks to Go!

Boxes Packed: 9 (32 total)
Sharpies Used Up: 0
Rolls of Packing Tape: 2
Boxes of Bubble Wrap: 1


Seven weeks to go!


Well it has been a busy few days with packing and dealing with finding car insurance. I personally cannot wait to come back to Ontario where there is insurance competition! Apparently Colin and I have the same rating as a 17 year old driver because we have only had our driver’s licenses for 1 year, which of course makes our insurance astronomical. Who charges $700 for 3 months of insurance?? Thank goodness we will have rates more appropriate to our age and years of driving soon.


Packing is going really well and the house is starting to look sparse. Most of the pictures are down, the bookshelves are empty as well as the DVD shelves. The only rooms that we haven’t started packing up yet are the kitchen and the master bedroom, mostly because of the fact that I haven’t had the energy to figure out where/what to donate yet.


Colin and I have started house shopping and I was really surprised with the cost (twice the house for the same cost) compared to Vancouver. I was also pleased with the availability of rental houses for a year. I personally want to rent a house because I am sick of our chain smoking neighbour and his lack of respect for everyone else that has to share a wall. Apparently the strata complex is discriminating against him because the rules are that all outdoor spaces are smoke-free.


Back to packing…or course work – I haven’t decided what is more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment